The following are a list of precautions we are taking:
1. We ask that if you are showing symptoms of illness such as fever, cough, runny nose, or fatigue, please do not attend the haunt. We will be happy to have you come another time. We have plenty of scares to last until you’re feeling better! We have also adjusted our ticket refund policy for this season to be flexible with adverse circumstances. If our haunt is forced to close due to government mandate and not able to re-open for the season, we will refund 100% any un-scanned tickets. Otherwise if patrons are unable to attend and desire a refund then a refund will be granted with a 15% re-stocking fee. (Please text 801 890 5335 to request a refund) Once a ticket is scanned there are no refunds.
2. While we highly encourage all our customers to purchase their tickets online, there will still be an option to purchase tickets at the haunt, but the onsite ticket cost will be $2 higher than online (cash or card accepted). We will be observing social distancing standards in the ticket booth lines.
3. All groups waiting in line will be required to stand 6 feet apart and markings have been made at 8 foot distances for the spacing. We have extended the line area to ensure that there is plenty of space to stand at a safe distance. We’ve also been decorating the line area and will have roaming actors to keep your nerves on edge.
4. The walking path inside the haunt has been converted to a continuous one-way walking path (mazes have been converted to one-way) and patrons will be asked to maintain 6 foot spacing between groups while walking through the haunt.
5. All hanging decorations such as curtains, camo netting, and erosion cloth have been pulled out of the walking path for this season. Crawl tunnels will be closed this year, and claustrophobia tunnels have been put in storage. This has been done so patrons can walk through the haunt without the need to touch anything.
6. Sanitizing stations will be positioned throughout the haunt.
7. Patron masks will be required according to Salt Lake County regulations. If you forget yours, no problem. We will have masks available for purchase.
8. All of our staff and actors will be wearing face masks and nightly temperature checks will be done on all actors and employees before working.
9. All touch surface areas such as railings will be regularly disinfected.
10. We have added UVC lights to the ventilation system of the haunt. UVC light has been used for many years in the medical industry to kill bacteria and viruses.
11. We have always loved our haunted animatronics, machines, and special effects. This year the machines also present a level of safety as they can't be sick or get sick. This year we have purchased or fabricated many new and amazing monsters and creatures to add to the scenery and scare effects of the haunt walking path. We now have over 100 automated characters or effects to accent our terrifying actor scares.
12. Sadly, we feel we needed to remove the touch of death option for this year, meaning that there will be no actor to patron contact. This was very fun in the past and we'll hope that it's possible again in 2021.
13. Any concessions, snacks and beverages available onsite will be prepackaged.
Follow Dead City Haunted House on Facebook, Instagram as we post instant discounts on social media all the time.